Labor Relations & Union Organizing
At the heart of every organization is a leadership team that wants to advance the company’s objectives, free from the burdens and risks of deciphering extensive labor and employment standards. Our attorneys have the experience, expertise and proactive approach to deliver positive outcomes, which allows our clients to focus on moving their business forward.
At Foley & Foley, we are well positioned to guide employers to the best strategy when the call from the union arrives.
Our labor services include:
- Collective bargaining;
- Representation of clients in arbitration, mediation and other impasse resolution proceedings including interest arbitration;
- Contract interpretation;
- Counseling employers on union organizing drives;
- Helping our clients develop positive employee and labor relations strategies;
- Obtaining injunctions and other federal and state court litigation;
- Advising clients on issues of successorship related to acquisitions and divestitures; and
- Defending our clients’ interests in cases involving charges before the state and national labor boards.
We have developed an innovative approach to building a positive employee relations culture. It starts with the best practices for supervisors which produces a positive impact on employees– and our clients’ bottom line. In addition, our attorneys track new employment laws to assist clients in developing policies and procedures to minimize exposure and reduce risk.
Our employment services include:
- Representing employers in claims of discrimination based upon race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religion and sexual harassment, retaliation, disability, gender and age including claims arising under federal and state antidiscrimination laws;
- Representing employers in wrongful termination, defamation, intentional affliction of emotional distress and invasion of privacy matters;
- Drafting employment policies including employee handbooks, interview guidelines, employment agreements, covenants not to compete and covenants not to solicit employees;
- Representing our clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation and arbitration; and
- Counseling our clients on the legal impacts of employment decisions including discipline and termination, as well as actions that may lead to claims of breach of employment contract, breach of covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and breach of fiduciary duty.
From publicly traded multi-national corporations with thousands of employees to start ups with only a handful of employees, companies need solid, forward thinking advocates. How can we help?