Michael E. Foley has been representing public and private sector employers, large and small, for profit and not-for-profit, in all matters of labor and employment law for over three decades. Over the years, in different capacities, he has come to know and has advised several hundred businesses/employers in countless situations throughout the Commonwealth, New England and the nation.
Mike brings a unique perspective to the practice, having served as both outside counsel and in-house counsel. Before he opened the door at Foley & Foley PC, he served as an equity partner and Chairman of the Labor Relations, Employment Litigation, and Employee Benefit Law Practice Groups at two major New England Law Firms and served as the General Counsel for Employment Affairs for an award-winning healthcare system.
In 2007 Mike founded Foley & Foley PC, hired a talented and seasoned team, and established a law firm that prides itself on its responsiveness, creative problem solving, positive results, and an innovative service model and fee arrangements.
Mike’s unique background has put him in the position of experiencing first-hand pressures and challenges that most attorneys never encounter. He draws on the breadth of his experience to offer employers an uncommon approach and practical solutions. Clients retain Mike to work in a variety of capacities including legal advisor, advocate, negotiator, strategic planner, problem solver, trainer and spokesperson.
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Carolina
- Western New England School of Law JD 1987
- Syracuse University 1979-81; University of Mass, Amherst BA 1983
Community & Professional Activities
- Duffy Health Center Board Member
- Cape Art & Entertainment (formerly Cape Cod Symphony) Past Board Member
- Cape Cod Human Resources Association (CCHRA) Board Member, General Counsel
- South Coast Resources Council Board Member, General Counsel
- Penikese Island School Former Board Member and President of the Board
- Connecticut Public Employer Labor Relations Association Former Board Member
- Connecticut School Attorneys Association Former Board Member and President