Creating an Educational Assistance Program
A Win-Win for You and Your Employees
Every day, we hear from clients just how difficult the labor market is right now. Now more than ever, employers are trying to find creative ways to encourage employee retention.
One of the easiest ways for you to demonstrate to your employees how valued they are is to commit to their development through an Educational Assistance Program. To make it even more enticing, the Internal Revenue Service currently allows employers to write off up to $5,250 per year per employee for most qualified educational expenses, and up to that same amount is exempt from an employee’s taxable income. It’s a win-win and implementing this program will ensure your employees feel even more valued!
Our service includes:
- a detailed Educational Assistance Program Service: Internal Stakeholders’ Considerations Intake Form in order to ensure all internal stakeholders discuss and consider all options for the development of your customized program;
- up to a 1-hour intake call with an attorney who will review your intake form with you and customize the program based on your decisions;
- a drafted Educational Assistance Program customized for your organization, culture, and industry;
- an Educational Assistance Program Pre-Approval Form for employees to seek approval before participation;
- an Employee Educational Assistance Program Reimbursement Form;
- an Agreement to Mandatory Arbitration (recommended for employers who choose to provide a significant investment in employees over the IRS write-off); and
- up to a 1-hour wrap-up call with the attorney who drafted your program to review and make final edits.
We have crafted this service in response to overwhelming client requests. Creating an Educational Assistance Program from scratch can be a daunting task, but we’re here to help.
All of our services are protected by attorney-client privilege and are indemnified.