Foley & Foley Training Programs
Our training offerings include a variety of topics to help you develop a positive culture in your workplace, advance your human liability management systems, and address other topics that are a priority for your organization. In order to ensure that training is effective, relevant, and practical for your business, we tailor each training plan to your organization’s unique needs and environment.
Comprehensive Supervisor Training
Our law firm has assisted several dozen for- and not-for-profits throughout the country in developing positive employee relations programs that are built on the pillars of effective communication and effective supervisors. Our clients have found that our law firm’s comprehensive supervisor training program—which encompasses soft skills, operational effectiveness, and compliance obligations—paves the way to positive employee relations:
- Conflict management
- Effective communication
- Leadership & Influence
- Eliminating unconscious bias and respecting differences
- Coaching & Development
- Performance management
- Effective meetings
- Interviewing and Hiring
- Progressive discipline
- Union avoidance
- Succession planning
- Sexual harassment, harassment, and bullying prevention
- LOAs and reasonable accommodations
- Leave Laws – Federal and State
- COVID-19 safety training
- Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave for Human Resources
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Employment law for supervisors
This overall approach has been highly effective for many organizations and is also a sound preventative measure for potential union organizing.
Discrimination Prevention Training
For our Massachusetts clients, we offer Discrimination Prevention Training by a graduate of the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (“MCAD”) Train-the-Trainer Course. The MCAD or the Office of Attorney General may mandate training by a graduate of this program as part of a settlement or order.
This service can be included in our Comprehensive Supervisor Training Program.
Human Liability Management Systems Training
In addition to curriculum that helps our clients develop a positive climate in the workplace, we offer a comprehensive curriculum targeting Human Liability Management Systems. Improving performance and reducing human error benefits the bottom line, fosters employee confidence, and boosts company morale. In our experience, the most successful organizations understand that:
- Individual behavior is influenced by organizational processes and values.
- Error-likely situations are predictable, manageable, and preventable.
- Events can be avoided by understanding the reasons mistakes occurred and applying lessons learned from past events.
- People achieve their highest levels of performance based on positive recognition and reinforcement.
- Leadership must equally value production and people.
- Training is a necessary part of the system, but won’t fix problems by itself.
- Sustainable improvement in human error management is not dependent solely on workers.
All of our services are protected by attorney-client privilege and are indemnified.