In the past ten months, OSHA has become a major player in workplace safety during the pandemic. With the release of new guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace, OSHA now advises the following*
- Vaccinated employees should continue to adhere to mask and social distancing protocols;
- Implement a COVID-19 Prevention Program, engaging workers and unions and include:
- Hazard Assessment;
- Identifying measures to limit the spread of the virus;
- Adopting ways to ensure infected workers are separated and sent home;
- Protections from retaliation for workers raising COVID-19 safety concerns; and
- Assignment of a Workplace Coordinator to protect workers.
- Consider protections for employees at higher risk of severe illness through policies– without stereotyping and running afoul of the ADA, ADEA.
- Adopt the CDC isolation guidelines for return to work, stay home and isolation.
- The OSHA guidance is not the rule of law, although should now be considered a best practice in the workplace.
What should I do? We have a streamlined solution to protect your workplace and comply with OHSA, the CDC, ADA , EEOC and the ADEA: the COVID-19 Workplace Hazard Compliance Tools. For a fixed fee, you will receive a:
- Model COVID-19 Prevention Program;
- COVID-19 Safety Policy;
- Temperature Checks and Symptom Monitoring Policy;
- Business Travel Policy;
- Reasonable Accommodation for Vulnerable Worker Policy; and
- Contact Tracing Policy.
OSHA is not going away. COVID-19 is not leaving anytime soon. Employees need to be protected. We can help. Contact us for information on the COVID-19 Workplace Hazard Compliance Tools or any other questions.
*These are just the highlights and the full 13-page OSHA report is here.